In this episode, Dan and Albert break down Appen. Appen provides or improves data used for the development of machine learning and artificial intelligence products. Data types include speech and natural language data, image and video data, text and alphanumeric data and relevance data to improve search and social media engines. Appen boasts a crowd of 1 million people, who annotate the data sets that power the AI algorithms of the companies such as Facebook, Microsoft and Google.
In this episode we cover:
- Our quick takes on Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter (1:27)
- What is Appen? (2:54)
- Appen's key product segments? (11:00)
- Why is Appen share price slumping? (13:25)
- Why Appen's workforce and services model is its biggest feature? (20:48)
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI) and whether Appen's business is threatened by different models of AI learning? (30:37)
All information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Fresh Capital are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Any opinions expressed herein are not recommendations or advice. Please consult a licensed financial professional before you invest.
For more information visit our website at https://www.freshcapital.media/
Got feedback or suggestions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Love our show?
This show is possible because of of our listeners. If you’ve found our podcast useful, consider buying us a coffee?