In this episode, Dan and Albert break down Pinterest. Pinterest is an online product and idea discovery platform that helps users gather ideas on everything from recipes to cook to destinations to travel to. Founded in 2010, the platform consists of a largely female audience, at roughly two thirds of its more than 431 million monthly active users. The company generates revenue by selling digital ads and is now rolling out more in-platform e-commerce features.
In this episode we cover:
- What is Pinterest? (2:11)
- What is personal media? (compared to social media) (5:50)
- Why is Pinterest's declining users a worry? (10:29)
- How does Pinterest monetisation of users compare? (18:42)
- How can Pinterest build out its creator economy? (31:03)
- What the trouble in Pinterest's management team means? (35:07)
All information contained in this podcast is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional financial, legal or tax advice. The hosts of Fresh Capital are not financial professionals and are not aware of your personal financial circumstances. Any opinions expressed herein are not recommendations or advice. Please consult a licensed financial professional before you invest.
For more information visit our website at https://www.freshcapital.media/
Got feedback or suggestions? Send them to email@example.com
Love our show?
This show is possible because of of our listeners. If you’ve found our podcast useful, consider buying us a coffee?